Just wanted to give everyone an update – exciting happenings.
- National conference was last week – very educational and progressive information. As a member you can listen to many of the presentations via your log in to the AAOHN site. Sorry no CNE credits but lots of cutting edge information.
- Smith Bucklin (new management company) was present and very interested in our functioning. Beginning July 1 you will notice changes to the website as well as a different leadership team. All individuals involved with our organization will have a presence on the website with a direct email link provided. I am here for assistance if you cannot find what you are looking for
- The 2017 call for abstracts is currently open. Please submit – there were limited presentations submitted last year – It would be great to have our OWN members do the presentations – Again I am available for assistance.
- The organization is looking for a change in their name, etc. A whole new branding – and they have set up an email designed just for you to share =firstname.lastname@example.org
- There is a FREE respiratory protection program on the AAOHN website
- The 2017 PAAOHN conference will be hosted by the Philadelphia chapter March 8-10 – topics and speakers currently being recruited – any suggestions/ideas?
- I have two favors/requests from you the members of PAAOHN
o I would love to see one member every year become a fellow – Troy Burd is our newest fellow and she will tell you it is about being an EXPERT in your area – and yes you are all experts – I will be happy to write a letter of nomination for anyone and everyone on the board will be more than willing to work with you concerning the application narrative.
o Second how about PA presenting – our members not only have the talent and expertise we are great at doing what we do
On that note I would like to ask members to write a short (700 words, including your bib) on any clinical subject dear to you. One hot topic in my area right now is Dengue fever – How about in your area – I have a promise from our Journal that if we submit such items they WILL be published
So in closing I would like to offer to you support for publishing, becoming a fellow, of being recognized as the great individuals that you are and I hope to see you in Philly in 2017
Yolanda C. Lang, Dr.PH, CRNP, MSN, COHN, FAAOHN